As people in the industry, they are often asked why electric vehicles cannot be charged on some public charging stations. Especially after a car company organized an electric car on the Beijing-Shanghai Expressway years ago, it seems that more people are paying attention to it. This question, many people will mention why there is still the situation that the electric car cannot charge because there are national standards for recharging. Answering this question is actually very complicated because it involves multiple layers such as government, depot, charging equipment supplier, and operation. Business, etc., and this issue is also a part of many problems encountered in the promotion of electric vehicles.
First, the reason for not charging electricity
In addition to the charging equipment or the cause of the malfunction of the electric vehicle, the reason why the electric vehicle cannot be charged under normal circumstances can be explained from two aspects of the charging interface and the communication protocol:
1, charging interface, because the United States, Europe, the three major charging interface standards exist in the world, therefore, the car companies in the configuration for their own technical route on the charging interface also made a difference design such as the European Combo interface, Japan CHAdeMO interface, special The charging interface of Syrah, the CCS interface used by some American and German systems, and the GB/T20234 interface of China, which means that currently foreign cars cannot connect to domestic charging piles from the hardware interface. For example, tesla only Can build a charging station by itself to ensure the model s market in China.
For China's national standard GB/T20234, the standard for AC and DC interfaces is specified, the AC interface uses a seven-pin design, and the DC interface uses a nine-pin design. Domestic car companies are designed to follow this standard, but earlier The car companies consider that the battery life is prolonged. Some models do not have DC charging interfaces. It is normal for some owners to charge the DC charging pile when they encounter a common charging pile.
National charging interface
For users, it is necessary to clarify whether the charging interface of their car is domestic or foreign. It is necessary to be able to charge AC or DC.
2. On the communication protocol, the current difference in the charging protocol is the most important reason for the current failure of electricity. Explaining this issue requires understanding the basic principles and processes of AC charging and DC charging.
(1) The process of AC charging is that AC power is transmitted through the charging pileâ€”vehicle chargerâ€”power battery. From the national standard design, there is no communication relationship between the charging pile and the vehicle. In terms of popularization, the AC charging pile is a power. In a slightly larger Socket, there is no docking between the charging post and the entire vehicle communication protocol. Therefore, in the case of AC charging, theoretically all models can be charged.
(2) The process of DC charging simply means that DC power is transmitted through the charging pile-power battery, and the link of the on-board charger is saved in the middle, which requires the charging pile to communicate with the vehicle control device or battery management system (BMS). The national standard GB/T20234 stipulates that the data transmission and control of the charging process are carried out in the form of charging messages via the CAN bus. The S+ and S- two needles on the DC interface are used for charging communication, and the national standard GB/T27930 It also specifies the content of the communication protocol. In reality, charging equipment manufacturers and vehicle manufacturers will have their own charging agreements. Although they all comply with the national standard, they will still have their own â€œcharacteristics.â€ If there is no prior communication protocol, it will not be able to charge the power. .
For charging facility operators, electric vehicles can only realize the functions of intelligent monitoring of the status of the entire vehicle, battery status, and status of charging piles only after they have been certified by vehicles and charged on DC piles to play their role in operation and maintenance. Therefore, the user is required to authenticate the vehicle information before charging, so that the charging device can normally recognize the user's vehicle.
For the users, only their own car can be charged into the operator's charging service network. Otherwise, they can only solve the charging problem by themselves. This is the reason why the operator asks the user to deal with the charging card. The reason for the binding of one car and one card mentioned.
Second, the problem behind the reasons reflected
1, the so-called public charging pile has not reflected the versatility, compatibility characteristics. At present, the charging piles in certain regions have only been used for the joint adjustment of the electric car models of car companies in the region, and the issue of matching models in other regions has not been taken into account. This way, the pile is only a â€œpublicâ€ charging pile for a certain model. Talking about publicity?
2. The national standard GB/T20234 for the charging of electric vehicles was officially promulgated and implemented in 2013. With the rapid development of the electric vehicle industry, problems such as incompleteness and refinement of the electric vehicle industry began to appear. For example, in reality, all charging equipment manufacturers have their own charging agreements. Each depot also has its own charging agreement. There will certainly be differences between the two parties. This has led to many problems in the use of users.
3, charging equipment manufacturers in the design also lacks compatibility and versatility considerations on their charging protocols. Whenever an electric vehicle is put into use, it needs to be linked to the charging equipment; and some car companies have related technologies and protocols for electric vehicles. What is also adopted is a conservative attitude, and the degree of openness is not enough, which results in the lack of effective communication between the two sides and the formation of a technical barrier.
Third, the charging solution to the problem
1. The relevant national authorities need to further refine and optimize the national standard for charging and replacing electricity. It is necessary to further clarify the vagueness and controversial areas in the national standard. The rationality and improvement of the national standard design for charging and swapping is to promote the healthy development of charging infrastructure. Is an important safeguard factor.
2. The government departments should play the role of referees. The relevant government departments need to supervise the public charging piles that will soon be put into commercial operation. The public charging piles should be tested for commonality and compatibility. After acceptance, they can be operated by the operators. To carry out commercial operations, for some equipment that does not meet the national standards, it is necessary to instruct the relevant companies and units to carry out rectification. Even the establishment of a national certified charging equipment catalog may be considered.
3. A government-led electric vehicle data monitoring platform will be set up by the government. Newly-emerged electric vehicles will be integrated into the city network. Vehicle information, network access, charging, faults, and other information can be integrated into an information management platform. This can protect users. Information security also enables intelligent management of electric vehicles and charging piles. Depots, charging equipment vendors, and charging operators can work together smoothly and interactively under this platform.
The problem that electric vehicles cannot be charged at the present stage can be regarded as a conventional problem encountered in the early stages of development. Although this tests the first batch of people who eat crabs, there is no need to worry too much. With the improvement of the national standard system, the attention of the industry, and the development of the electric vehicle industry, I believe that this issue will only plague electric vehicle users in a short period of time. With the efforts of all parties in the electric vehicle industry, it will eventually vanish.
Yuyao Hongzhou Plastic Technology Co., Ltd. , https://www.hongzhoumould.com